Providing acceptable First Aid at Work training is a requirement under The Health and Safety at work act. All of our courses fully comply with these regulations. ABC Medical Services is an approved training centre of QUALSAFE AWARDS (Centre No 0905035). We are able to offer the full range of RQF regulated courses.
The following courses are available for First Aid at Work purposes. These courses can be run at your location or at our at our Medical Training Centre. These courses award a nationally recognised qualification valid for three years.
Please note, from 1st September the venue for our open courses will be:
Earley St Peter’s Church Hall
Emergency First Aid at Work Course (1 day):
Cost per person £70 + VAT
Our 1 day course is designed for staff members who are required to manage an emergency in the workplace.
Topics covered include:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions;
Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures;
Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure;
Demonstrate how to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation promptly and effectively;
Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock;
Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is choking;
provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
First Aid at Work (3 day):
Cost per person £180 + VAT
Our 3 Day course is for those who wish to act as a qualified first aider in the workplace.
Topics covered during the course include:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident occurs
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient
- Recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Treatment of casualty who is bleeding (use of bandages and slings)
- Treatment of choking patient
- Recognition and treatment of shock
- Simple record keeping following an accident at work
- How to provide care for patients who have:
- Suffered burns or scalds
- Broken or injured bones, muscles, joints
- Suffered poisoning
- Suffered injury to the eye
- Signs and symptoms of a number of serious illnesses including, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, Anaphylaxis etc
- Suffered extreme temperature changes
First Aid at Work Re-Qualification (2 day):
Cost per person £120 + VAT
This course is a 2-day re-qualification course for First Aid at Work. The course must be started before the original qualification expires. We are required to see the original certificate.
For Those who wish to gain the RQF level 3 First aid at Work Certificate, additional fees will apply. Please state when booking. You will be required to attend a Level 3 Course for this, NOT a standard FAW Course. Qualsafe only regulate RQF Courses.
First Aid at Work Annual Refresher Course (3hrs)
The Health and Safety Executive strongly recommend that all first aiders attend annual refresher training. The course is 3 hours in duration and can be run at your location for group bookings or at our centre for groups of less than eight people.
Cyanide and Hydrofluoric Acid Emergency Care.
Cost per person £60 + VAT
We are now offering a new course originally developed for The University of Reading. This course will provide training in the management of a casualty suffering from Cyanide Poisoning pr Hydrofluoric Acid burns. Topics covered on the course include:
- Incident Management and Scene Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Recognition of Cyanide Poisoning and Hydrofluoric Acid Burns.
- Basic Life Support
- Use of Bag Valve Mask Resuscitators.
- Oxygen Therapy
- Use of HF Antidote Gel (Calcium Gluconate Gel)
- Question and Answers.
This is a half day course and can be run at our training centre or at your location for group bookings. For further information please contact our office.